This Agreement was last modified on January 04, 2014.
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Agreement", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using www.carverse.com ("the Site") operated by Carnetics, LLC. ("us", "we", or "our"). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Site at www.carverse.com.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned by Carnetics, LLC. and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by Carnetics, LLC..
This Agreement (and any further rules, polices, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of CA - California, United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
Changes To This Agreement
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us.
CarVerse GIVEAWAY "SWEEPSTAKES" OFFICIAL RULES
**See Prize Description for details.
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 18, 2014 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on the following Sunday at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time ("PT") (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to worldwide CarVerse fans, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access. Employees of Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to the Sponsors through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Sweepstakes Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. Sweepstakes Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around Drawing Date at the GoPro offices located in Irvine California, 92612. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses Winners from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding.
4. Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. For All Prizes: No cash or other substitution of prize will be made except as provided herein at the CarVerse Team's sole discretion. CarVerse reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. CarVerse will not replace any lost or stolen prizes and are not responsible for any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
6. Notification of Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or Twitter within (5) business days of the prize drawing. The winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of the date winner-notification is sent. Allow up to six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prize. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the CarVerse Team will award the Prize to an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the Prize will remain un-awarded. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a prize winner, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
7. General Rules: CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions, rules, guidelines or policies applicable to the Sweepstakes, and agrees to abide by them. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC, their Sponsors and their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, Non-Sponsors and agents, including advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”), harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsors’ control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least $600 or more. The total Approximate Retail Value of the prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes: $25 (USD) Winners who are USA residents must complete and submit a W-9 form to receive any prize totaling more than $600. The recipient is responsible for any income tax liability and should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
8. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or winning any prize, entrant/winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant/winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in CarVerse’s newsletters, and the CarVerse’ websites, without additional compensation. CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the entrant. CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by the CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC, in their sole discretion. The Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of the CarVerse.com, Carnetics LLC, and their sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in Orange County, California.
10. Winner's List: For a list of the prize winners, which will be available seven (7) days after the announcement of the winner, send your request specifying Sweepstakes name and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Prize Winners, CarVerse, 11 Waldorf, Irvine CA, 92612 within sixty (60) days of the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sweepstakes Rules, CarVerse, 11 Waldorf, Irvine CA, 92612 prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
11. Non-Sponsors: The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Non-Sponsors, and Non-Sponsors do not endorse the products or services of Sponsor or Sweepstakes prizes.
© Copyright 2014 CarVerse all rights reserved.